Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Half as Hard and Twice as Good



A Dear, DEAR Friend of mine just had a baby! A beautiful, BEAUTIFUL baby girl!!! This is number two for her! Her daughters will only be two years apart (which is just like my sister and I). It makes me so happy inside for a few reasons. First, I can picture these two little girls becoming the best of friends. I'm sure that at times they will want to pull each other's hair out. But in general... I think they will become inseparable... just like my two little ones are now. When we first brought our second little one home... our first little one was a little bit skeptical. "Who is this that is taking TIME from my Mommy and Daddy to LOVE JUST ME?" But now... they can't sleep without the other one beside them.

Second, it's just a beautiful thing when you love a friend so much that her joy becomes your joy. Oh to have friends like that! It makes me think of this incredibly SWEET song by Sara Groves, "Twice as Good".
When I am down and need to cry till morning, 
I know just where I am going.
When I'm in need of sweet commiseration,
To speak out loud.
Raise a glass to friendship 
And to knowing you don't have to go alone.
We'll raise our hearts to share each other's burdens
On this road.

Every burden I have carried.
Every joy- it's understood.
Life with you is half as hard.
And twice as good.

With my good news your dancing on the table.
Baby's born, to celebration.
The joy of life, oh what a sweet communion,
Shared with you.


Every burden I have carried.
Every joy- it's understood.
Life with you is half as hard.
And twice as good.

I know we're growing older.
Can you imagine what that will bring?
It's all a mystery to me now,
Except this one thing:
It'll be half as hard, and twice as good.






, . 
 


4 comments:

  1. Great lyrics! Hadn't heard that song before. Hooray for Miss Emilia finally making her entrance - I can't wait to see the 2 Toombs girls together! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love friends that you can literally share in their joy with!! :o) Love that I've found your blog from a comment you made on another. You have a beautiful family. My husband and I are in the beginning stages of adopting from Ethiopia. Our little guy spent the first week of the new year in the hospital with pneumonia...so I feel you on the sickness that just keeps on going! I think we're finally turning a corner at our house...I pray you all are too! Blessings-April www.livingtolove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister and I are two years apart...and we were more of the tear-your-hair out type growing up. But now that we're adults, we've become a lot closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, I'm such a schmuck! Just read this and LOVE it. The song is wonderful. Thank you for all your love and friendship!!! And in particular, I think this past week about summed up the "half as hard, twice as good" lyrics!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin